Monday, June 9, 2008

Medicating Nancy


_MG_6975
Originally uploaded by meatyokra
Okay, so Elizabeth went to Kona yesterday leaving me with the nearly impossible task of giving medication orally to a cat – a finicky, standoffish, shy cat.

Nancy spent the entire day under the bed. Didn't even come out to eat or drink. I couldn't even lure her out with treats to administer her evening dose of antibiotics. Eventually I had to disassemble the bed in order to grab her, shove the syringe in her mouth and squirt. The whole operation left her so traumatized that she wouldn't come out again – not even for food (which she hadn't had all day).

Finally I saw her creeping past my office door at around 11PM, on one of her nightly RECONs. Next thing I know she's sprawled out on the bed with me, comfortably snoozing away.

I don't understand cats. But I'm trying...

No comments: