Monday, June 9, 2008

Cat update.

She hissed at me tonight.
Nancy is all of seven pounds and I was terrified.

She came out when I got home, all calm and friendly. My heart sunk as I knew what I had to do, what was in store. I prepared her dinner and then set about closing doors – to the office, to the bedroom – so she wouldn't have easy avenues for escape. As soon as she sensed the bedroom door close she stopped eating and scooted under the Heywood Wakefield in the living room. At first I didn't worry about it because I felt I could just grab and drag her out from under it. It's pretty accessible and I've seen Elizabeth do it, grabbing her backside and pulling her out.

So I took the food bowl and placed it just under the end of the piece of furniture. In any case I wanted for her to get some food in her. After the dose she'd not want to eat.

After "dinner" I went to get her but instead of being able to pull her out butt first she was staring out at me. Hissing.

As a team, I don't mind playing "bad cop" to E's "good cop" when dealing with people. But with the little creatures... well, it's looking like that's going to have to be her domain.

She's back tomorrow morning and I could not be more relieved.

No comments: