Sunday, January 18, 2009

NC


Mid January and I'm finally getting around to visiting my family back in NC for the holidays. As the difference between a ticket at Christmas and a ticket two weeks into January was about around $600 it only made sense to delay it just a little. As an added bonus, Elizabeth was able to trade into a Raleigh/Durham trip so she met me out here for a nice, fat 31 hour layover.

Elizabeth loves good barbecue and my mother had a line on a place about which she'd recently heard so we stopped on the way home. Yes, it was quite good...


The day after Elizabeth left we paid a visit to a long time family friend, Dr. John Hope Franklin. Among his obvious achievements, John Hope is an orchid grower and I had the brief opportunity to photograph some of them...



(other shots from the day...)

1 comment:

Carol Bond said...

The pic of everyone wrapped in afghans is a bit embarrassing. I just perused my energy bill & learned that I used significantly more this January than last January. I pray that we have a warmer Feb & March this year!