Thursday, November 20, 2008

Photo Essay – Windmills


I've got no news to report and Elizabeth has been hounding me to make a new post so I thought I'd just post some images from a recent photo outing. If you follow my flickr photostream you've likely seen these already. If so, go right ahead and skip this post – nothing new here.


These are from the Altamont Pass, near Livermore, CA. I've always found these tall, graceful sentinels interesting. Driving through the pass, the hundreds of windmills have an otherworldly appearance. They are silent from afar but rather noisy up close.


Two photographer friends and I drove out one evening last week to capture these. When we're mutually free we like to get together and explore an interesting local area to take shots, chat and exchange ideas.

No comments: