Monday, May 18, 2009

Quick Trip


_MG_1439
Originally uploaded by meatyokra
Elizabeth had a trip to Japan (Narita) the beginning of May and I tagged along!

I travel so infrequently that I am willing – in fact eager – to go almost anywhere, at almost any time... and for any length of time.

Case in point: This 24 hour layover in Narita.

Ok, full disclosure – I flew first class out and back... so that made a trip to Japan, with only one day on the ground, bearable. In fact, it made it enjoyable. A bed, good meals and a dozen movies I've been meaning to watch – it's not a bad way to spend ten hours.

In contrast, while I lounged Elizabeth worked!











After a short night in a small room we were off to explore the city. (this country wasn't designed for someone of Elizabeth's height!)














The town of Narita is about an hour, by train, from Tokyo. Narita has a large temple and grounds as well as a quaint, winding downtown area – both of which we explored. It felt as though we packed quite a bit into our brief visit.



1 comment:

Carol Bond said...

Appreciation that you continue to keep your blog going.